Thursday, February 6, 2014

(3 Things) in New Orleans


This past weekend was B's first time in my hometown. So, after the race, we spent a lot of time being tourists. It's always fun to make it a point to do the touristy things every now and then. It's fun see what's changed. Downtown New Orleans has changed a LOT since the last time I visited (a lot more commercialized and tourist friendly), so it was cool to see that. We really enjoyed our time and wanted to share with yall what our highlights were. . . so here are 3 things B really liked in New Orleans: 

The Beignets. The Cafe au lait. The Beignets. 

But really, the cafe au lait. I forgot how good coffee with chicory is and that was definitely the deal breaker for which beignet location we prefer (Morning Call's coffee is better in case you're wondering). I think I ate more beignets throughout the weekend, than I have my entire adult life. And I'm totally ok with that. 

The streetcar. 

The fact that the seat-backs actually moved depending on which way the streetcar was going, entertained her immensely.

This photo. 

You can thank my sister for this gem, as she decided to show B a bunch of my baby pictures. That's what I get for letting her visit with my family :) 

What's your top 3 things in New Orleans? 
Favorite thing about visiting your hometown?

8 comments:

  1. I've never been there but New Orleans looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should definitely be on your list of places to visit! (but I might be a little bias)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Sounds like you all had a great time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, sounds wonderful. My hubby has been, but I have not - if I'd actually run the Half last weekend, it would have been my first trip. I was really looking forward to the beignets.. I have heard good things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beignets!! Cafe au lait!! I really need to go to NOLA!! It's been on my list for awhile.

    ReplyDelete