Friday, February 7, 2014

Fitness, Fun, FITBIT event hosted by RadioShack


Last week, I was invited to The Fitness, Fun, FITBIT event hosted by RadioShack, FitBit and Sol Republic headphones. It was located at one of RadioShack's new concept stores (81st and Broadway). These are new boutique stores they will be rolling out all over the country soon. The new layout is open and bright with lots of interactive areas for costumers to test out all the different technologies. These stores look and feel like a modern technology store should. The quote of the night for the new look was "this is not your dad's Radioshack."

Fitbit had experts on hand to showcase their high-performance wearable devices and products. In case you aren't familiar, Fitbit's tools measure personal metrics including real-time stats that monitor steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed and active minutes throughout the day. It makes it easy to track activity, sync stats, see trends and reach goals. I'm a fan of my FitBit Flex, but have my eye on the (semi) new, Force- it has a screen and it tracks elevation on top of what the Flex tracks. They also mentioned that they will be partnering with Tory Birch for a line of accessories. Can't wait to see what those will look like! 


Sol Republic headphones were also on display. This brand was new to me, so it was fun learning that you can pick and choose the color headbands you want! I got to test the headphones at the display, which is also a new feature for all of the new Radioshack concept stores. Sol Republic introduced us to their new style of in-ear headphones, The Relays. They're specifically made to seamlessly work for everyday and for being active. A pair was graciously given in our gift bags and I've already run in mine. They're really comfortable and the sound quality is amazing. They should be to retailers starting in March if you're interested. 

The event was full of great information and really fun! 

Thanks again for inviting me!

I was not asked to write this, I just wanted to tell yall about the new exciting stuff coming in technology. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. I don't have a fit bit band yet, but I keep hearing good things. I just read that Tory Burch even made an accessory for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I love to hear that Radio Shack is rebranding themselves! Sounds like a fun time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some sol republic headphones, They're pretty nifty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the earbuds- the sound quality is amazing and they really stay in my ears!

      Delete
  4. I have a fitbit and love it. Wear it every day. I loved the radio shack rebranding commercial - the 80s called and they want your store back. I hope it works for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see that commercial! I love my Flex, but I wish I would've waited for The Force.

      Delete
  5. My wife wears a fitbit (actually I just saw that she posted that - never mind) The headphones look cool - really neat idea having them in colors, I can see a lot of women really liking that - as a guy, black is fine with me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete