Sunday, February 2, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge Training: week 18

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: 2.5M

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: RNRNOLA Half Marathon

I took it super easy this week, seeing as last weekend I ran another half marathon. I really wanted to take the whole week to chill out and I had a lot on my schedule, but I knew from past experiences running at least once would be extremely helpful for the second half marathon.

My knee has been giving me problems, so I've been trying to RICE as much as possible. . . no time for injury! Sadly, I don't know if I got in enough foam roll time, so I'm hoping that doesn't mess me up for the race. Thank goodness, the rest of my long runs don't really need to be that long. 


The half marathon wasn't that bad. There was a lot of aches and dull pain, but nothing serious, so that's always positive. It was warm, HUMID and rainy, which was the complete opposite of my experience from the previous weekend. I wasn't prepared for all of that (but it also would've been nice to actually look at the weather) but it wasn't as bad as it could've been. There will be more about the race in the official report.

Now, seeing as I've royally messed up my training schedule with back to back half marathons and next weekend is supposed to be my longest mileage, I guess I'll just have 2 taper weeks and god help everyone around me :)


How's your training going?

2 comments:

  1. Training.... training... I know I know that word, but its meaning is currently escaping me. :-p Good luck escaping taper madness. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know what you mean! Thanks, I'm already a little worried :)

      Delete